Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...


It is almost off to work I go.
The end of my summer break/maternity leave is drawing near. I can distinctively remember saying, "There is no way I will ever be able to stay home 12 weeks without going stir crazy," oh how quickly things can change.

In preparation for the big return to work, I decided to sort through my closet. One of the following pictures are the bottoms that fit and are ready to wear, the other...let's just say not so much.

Make a guess? Well, if you guessed that my bottom half will be in a strict rotation, because if I just counted the hangers correctly there are 13 options for my lower extremities, you are correct!




Whitney participated in her first community service project: school supplies for MadCAAP. The school teacher in me loves some school supply shopping. Partner that with not being in a classroom anymore and without school aged children, I decided this project would be a worthwhile cause for some extra dollars and cents.

"...a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:3


Also last week we received a box from Doodlebugs. A longtime friend Kacey (I worked with her at McCoy Elementary in Yazoo City) creates precious paper goods in her spare time. I know there are so many clever, creative people there who "do" paper goods, but if you are in the market for some calling cards, flat notes or personalized stickers visit here.

1 comment:

ADBulldawgs said...

Whitney is actually even more philanthropic than you mentioned... She also participated in her first JDRF fundraiser on Monday night!